America’s interest in personal injury law sparked while volunteering at an elder law firm that focused on personal injury issues such as abuse and neglect, medical malpractice, and wrongful death.
While in law school, she acquired a diverse hands-on experience when working at DuPage County Public Defender’s Office, Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) DeKalb County, Inc., and NIU’s Health Advocacy Clinic.
America values the importance of working closely with each client, building a strong rapport, and taking the initiative to guide the client through the legal proceeding that may be foreign to a client.
Her primary objective as a personal injury attorney is to protect client rights by assisting injured victims bounce back to their regular lives after an accident. Additionally, she understands the life-changing effects of an injury and the significance of winning just compensation on behalf of an injured person.
America is also bilingual in Spanish and English, and is prepared to provide top-level legal representation to the Spanish-speaking community.
- University of Warwick, Fall Term 2010 Student Exchange Program
- University of California, Santa Cruz, 2012
- Northern Illinois University College of Law, 2018
- Illinois, 2019
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2019
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2019
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Chicago Bar Association, Member